Friday, May 29, 2015

Penny Black Poppies In a Fancy Frame

I was shopping at my local hobby and craft store the other day and I found a "Fancy Frames" Cricut cartridge in the clearance rack . Of course I had to buy it!!!

 
Since then I've spent  entire afternoons cutting out  frames that are just the right size for my greeting cards.

The image on the card front is a Poppy Stamp from Penny Black. I colored the image using Derwent Colored  pencils and blended the colors with baby oil. The sentiment was stamped on a scrap of velum and then backed with a snippet of white card stock. A few  little snippets of ribbon were added to the sentiment.

I'm entering this card in the following challenges
 
Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenges 178 & 179
 Mynn's Birthday Bash Giveaway Celebration at her blog "On A Stampage" 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I hope you have a great day.
Ta Ta For Now,
Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty card...I like the orange and the frame is so well set off by the background. Looks like you 'framed' yourself doing all that cutting!...groan.... sorry....couldn't resist that one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great find! I love the frame and it looks so good with the orange underlay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen this cartridge for sale in a few places but not sure if I could use it in my Cricut. I have the 6" one, but maybe it would ...I could certainly make 7x5 frames like this.
    Your card is gorgeous. I do love orange and the flowers are lovely.
    Well done and now to remember where I have seen the cartridge.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and a perfect frame for those gorgeous poppies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, this is OH so pretty! I LOVE the gorgeous orange color--the poppy image is lovely, too! Thank you for linking up with my Birthday Giveaway at On A Stampage! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete